Thursday, September 17, 2009

Journal #2

Growing up I was in Stamford until kindergarten there was about 3 white kids in my class. All my friends were black I went to there birthdays, carnivals, everything. Then when I went to Daren my school was 96% percent white. So anybody of another race pretty much had all white kids as friends at least in school. It just seemed like it never really mattered. When I would hang out with my friends from Stamford or Norwalk it seemed like there was more groups of races outside of school but for the most part there was never a real problem. I think now people care more about culture. if someone doesn't like your ideas or who you prey to it makes them hate you more than because of your skin color. most gangs fight are about where they live now. most of the time it has nothing to do with race.
I think its good to do have different ethnicity's. I think if we were all the same it would just get boring. we would loose where we came from and what makes us unique. you can learn alot from hanging out with people from different cultures and ethnicity's. So I like to talk to people from different places and find out about them. I'm glad I'm Irish and wouldn't want to be anything else. but its great going to my Italian friends house to have a huge meal with 10 people all the time. I work with a Guatemalan guy and we talk alot about our different cultures. he makes most things into a joke but I can tell how different it is there then here and how his culture and ethnicity made him who he is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment